Synthesia has been around since before apps were called apps. Over the years, my favorite thing has been learning the different ways it has impacted the lives of its users.
Recently YouTube collected and showcased a number of stories about videos that have done the same for users of their platform. One of those stories was about a Japanese seaweed farmer that used videos of songs played in Synthesia to achieve his dreams of becoming a pianist.
It's a great story that you can watch, here. (It's in Japanese, so you may need to click the CC button at the lower-right to turn on subtitles.)
Hearing from so many of you over the years has brought no end to the gratification this project has given me. Thank you for going on this journey with me and thank you for using Synthesia!
Simple MIDI Recording, down-stems, and new languages:
- Added a simple multi-track recorder to the Free Play screen (when unlocked).
- Improved sheet music: note stems are now able to point down.
- Added three new display languages: Catalan, Turkish, and Japanese.
- Many other fixes and improvements.
Full-screen Sheet Music:
- Use the new gear menu to show full-screen sheet music.
- Navigate through the song by clicking the sheet music.
- Bookmarks and loops are now shown in sheet music.
- Set the number of errors before your loop restarts automatically.
- Many other bug fixes and improvements.
New settings and lots of fixes:
- Added Thai language support.
- Added 9 new settings to customize under Gameplay and Advanced.
- The built-in synth (on PC and Android) now has nicer reverb.
- Fixed high CPU usage on macOS Mojave.
- iPad Pro 11" screen size support.
- About a dozen other bug fixes and small improvements.
Better sounds, iOS Files support, Android M MIDI, Chromebooks, and more!
- Added a faster synth with better sounds for Windows and Android.
- You can now manage your songs on the iPad with the Files app.
- MIDI devices should now appear on compatible Chromebook models.
- Improved Android MIDI compatibility.
- Improved Windows 10 MIDI compatibility.
- Many more features, bug fixes, and performance improvements.